The Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board organizes Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test (TNTET) for recruiting candidates as teachers for primary and upper primary schools in Tamil Nadu. TNTET 2024 Notification will be Releasing on 4th May 2024 and the Exam will be held on 27th & 28th June 2024. The Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test (TNTET) is the state-level teaching examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board to offer the job of teachers for Primary and Upper Primary levels in the state of Tamil Nadu. Teachers Board Recruitment (TRB) conducts this exam every year for the recruitment of Teachers in the state.
Table of Contents
Overview of Tamil Nadu TET
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test|
|Conducting body||Teachers Board Recruitment Tamil Nadu|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Type||Teachers Recruitment Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Offline, Written|
TN TET 2024 Important dates – Exam Date, Admit Card & Result Dates
|Release of TNTET 2024 Notification||May 4, 2024 (Delayed)|
|Availability of TNTET Application Form||May 4, 2024|
|Last Date to Apply for TNTET||June 4, 2024|
|Issue of TNTET Hall Ticket 2024||June 2024|
|TNTET 2024 Exam Date for Paper-I||June 27, 2024|
|TNTET 2024 Exam Date for Paper-II||June 28, 2024|
|Announcement of TNTET Result 2024||August 20, 2024|
How to apply for TNTET Recruitment 2024
- Reach the official website www.trb.tn.nic.in
- Check the notification link.
- Click on the application form link advertisement.
- A form will pop-up on the screen.
- Download the application form.
- Fill the form with all the correct details.
- Candidate must possess a valid e-mail address and the contact number.
- Candidate should submit their forms to the given address.
- Take an extra copy for further use.
Tamil Nadu TET Eligibility Criteria Check
For Paper 1
- Applicant must qualify the first paper to apply for Secondary Grade Teacher for classes I to V
- Must have B.Ed in NTT (Nursery Teacher Training) BTC in Urdu of 2 years and BTC/ Diploma in Teacher Education / Diploma in Elementary Education from a Recognized Teacher Training Institute / DIET.
- Those aspirants who are appearing for D.E.Ed/B. Ed degree can also apply.
For Paper 2
- Applicant must qualify the second paper for a graduate teacher
- Candidate has a degree in B.Sc. / B.Lit. degree with Zoology, Tamil, and Geography English, Mathematics, Physics, History Chemistry, Botany, as major subjects from a recognized university under 10+2+3 pattern and B.Ed from a recognized university.
The candidate has to score the minimum 60% marks to crack the Tamil Nadu TET exam.
- TNTET Paper I
- Tamil Nadu TET Paper II
- Document Verification
TNTET 2024 Exam Pattern PDF
- The Tamil Nadu TET Exam Pattern conducts in 2 stages.
- Both the exams will be of 3 hours.
- Total 150 questions will be asked, respectively.
- For every right answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- No negative marking will be provided for any wrong answer.
Paper I Exam Pattern
|S.No||Subject Name||Total Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Child-Development and Pedagogy||30||30||3 Hours|
Paper II Exam Pattern
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy relevant to the age group of 11-14 years (Compulsory)||30||30|
|2.||Language-Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/ Urdu (Compulsory)||30||30|
|3.||Language II – English (Compulsory)||30||30|
|4.||a) For Mathematics and Science Teacher: Mathematics and Scienceor
b) Social Science Teacher : Social Science
c) Any other Teacher either iv (a) or iv (b)
TNTET 2024 Admit Card:
The Admit card of Tamil Nadu TET 2024 will be made available 10 days before the examination. Candidates can get downloaded the admit card of TNTET 2024 on the official website of Tamil Nadu Teacher’s Recruitment Board/ TRB. Candidates must carry their admit cards along with them to the examination hall. They will also require to take a photo id proof with them. Admit cards will only be available through online mode and no other offline alternatives are there for its collection. After receiving the admit card candidates are instructed to check every detail provided there. The admit card will have the following details.
TNTET Result 2024
TNTET 2024 Result for Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be published at trb.tn.nic.in. Candidates who secure 60% or more in the TET Paper I or Paper II examination will be considered to have passed TNTET 2024.
How to Check TNTET Result?
Step 1: Visit the official website of TNTET
Step 2: Click on ‘TNTET 2024 Result’ on the home page.
Step 3: Download TNTET Result PDF.
Step 4: Search for your Roll number in the PDF
Step 5: The result will appear on the new page, download the same.