UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is the authority which organizes NDA (National Defense Academy) entrance exam every year. It is a national level entrance exam through which various candidates become eligible for selection into training academies of Indian Navy, Indian Military and Air Force. Candidates have to qualify the entrance test followed by SSB interview rounds & medical tests in order to be eligible for entry into NDA. Candidates can go through our article to know complete details about NDA 2024 application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc. The NDA recruitment examination form for the 400 vacancies across Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force has been released by the Union Public Service Commission, the online application for NDA (1) 2024 has already started on 22 December 2023 and it will last till 11 January 2024, interested aspirants can apply online before the last date.
Table of Contents
NDA 1 2024 Notification: Exam Summary
|Name of Exam||National Defence Academy 2024|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Periodicity||Twice a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Rounds||3 Stages (Written + SSB + DV)|
|Expected Candidates||2 lakhs approx.|
|Job Location||Across India|
NDA Recruitment 2024
Interested job fighters can apply from second week of June 2024. End date to register will be first week of July 2024. According to the official notification both NDA – I and NDA – II exam will now be held together oin the first week of September 2024.
NDA Registration 2024 Start and Last Dates
UPSC will activate the direct link to apply online for the NDA 1 2024 exam on the official website. Below is the table with the start and last date of the NDA 2024 registration process.
|NDA 1 Application Form Start Date||December , 2023|
|Last Date of NDA Registration||January 11, 2024|
|NDA 1 Application Withdraw||18 to 24 January 2024|
|NDA 1 Exam Date 2024||April 10, 2024|
NDA (II) 2024 Examination Schedule
|Exam Events||Tentative Dates|
|NDA-II 2024 official notification will be published on||18th May 2024|
|Availability of application form||18th May 2024|
|Last date for filling up the application form||14th June 2024|
|Admit will be available from||3 weeks prior to the exam|
|Entrance exam date||4th September 2024|
|Result declaration||October 2024|
NDA Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
Age & Gender:
Only unmarried male category applicants who are born not earlier than 02nd January 2002 and not later than 1st January 2005 they are eligible to apply for mentioned posts
A citizen of India, or a subject of Bhutan, Nepal, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India
- For National Defence Academy: Passed the 10+2 board exams from a recognized board.
- For Naval Academy: Passed Class 12 board or equivalent with Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- Applying candidates must be physically fit as per the physical standards set by the commission of NDA admissions.
- Candidates who have withdrawn or resigned from any training academies of Armed forces on disciplinary grounds are not eligible.
NDA Application Form
The NDA recruitment examination form for the 400 vacancies across Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force has been released by the Union Public Service Commission, the online application for NDA (1) 2024 has already started on 22 December 2021 and it will last till 11 January 2024, interested aspirants can apply online before the last date.
Easy process to fill NDA Application Form
- NDA form will be available online on the official site of UPSC After the availability we will update on this page
- Those who wish to take the NDA exam should apply for the same before first week of July 2024.
- Visit the official website of UPSC that is upsconline.nic.in.
- On the home page press on the link “Online Application For Various Examinations Of UPSC”.
- Press on the link “Click here for Part-I” Registration.
- Read the NDA instructions carefully.
- Fill up NDA application form with all the necessary details.
- Process the payment of UPSC NDA Application Fee.
- After completing the process press on to “Submit”.
NDA Application Fee 2024
|SC/ST category/ Sons of JCOs, NCOs & Ors.||No Fees|
Mode of payment:
Deposit fee through SBI Net Banking, Credit Card, or Debit Card.
NDA 2024 Exam Pattern
Check below complete details about NDA Exam pattern & marking scheme:
- Mode of Exam: The paper will be held in offline (pen and paper) mode.
- Number of Sections: In the paper, there will be two sections – Mathematics & General Ability.
- Exam Duration: Candidates will be given 5 hours to complete the paper (2 hours 30 minutes each for Mathematics and GA section).
- Questions type: There will be objective type of questions in the paper.
- Paper Language: The paper will be bilingual – in English as well Hindi language.
- Marking pattern: For each wrong answer, 33% of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted.
Exam pattern for Written Exam
Total No. Of Questions
General Ability Test
Examination will be conducted in two papers:
- Paper 1: Maths and the time duration for NDA Maths exam is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Paper 2: General Ability Test consist of two sections – English and General Knowledge and the total time duration of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes.
Intelligence and Personality Test
The SSB procedure consists of two stages. Only those candidates who clear written exam are permitted to appear for SSB round. The details o SSB exam are given below:
|NDA SSB Personality Test|
NDA Admit Card 2024
NDA I admit card 2024 will be released three weeks before the exam. The link to download the admit card is made available on the official website. Candidates can download the admit card by logging either with the roll number or registration number. The hard copy of the admit card is not sent to candidates by post.
- Candidates have to visit the UPSC official website (www.upsc.gov.in).
- On the homepage, they need to open the “Admit Cards” Tab.
- They have to select the “E-Admit Cards UPSC NDA 2024” link.
- Candidates now have to click on the NDA e-admit card link.
Once the NDA written exams will get completed, the officials will announce the NDA Written Exam results on the official website. Along with score card, they will also release a merit list of students who are eligible to appear for the second round – SSB Interview.
- Go to the official site of UPSC on upsc.gov.in.
- Click on UPSC NDA and NA I Final Result 2024 link available on the home page.
- A new PDF file will open.
- Check your name and roll number in the list.
- Download the result page and keep a hard copy of the same for future use.
NDA 2024 Preparation Tips
- The applicants who will have complete information about the exam paper pattern and exam syllabus has been able to prepare well for the entrance exam.
- The applicants should study daily and revise for the entrance exam daily.
- The applicants should not leave any topics for the last moment preparation.
- The applicants should also prepare short quick notes, flow charts, and mind maps which can help them in better revision.
- The applicants should sleep early and eat healthy food.
NDA (1) 2024 Answer Key
Once the entrance exam of NDA 2024 will be over, UPSC will release the answer key of the examination online at the UPSC website. Refer to this section below to know more about the NDA answer key
- Aspirants have to visit the UPSC website, (upsc.gov.in) to check the NDA answer key.
- Candidates have to navigate to the examination > Answer Key link to download UPSC NDA 2024 answer key.
- As the examination is conducted with a different set, candidates have to to be careful while downloading the answer key of the correct set.
- The answer key can also be used to estimate the scores for UPSC NDA 2024.
We hope the above given below details of NDA Recruitment 2024 will be helpful for you. For any query about NDA Recruitment you are advised to drop your comments in below section and we will get back to you as soon as possible.