Grab this golden job chance.. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will soon going to issue a notice of CDS recruitment to fill up vacant vacancies to (IMA), (IMA), Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy (OTA).Apply as soon as possible by filling form
CDS recruitment..Combined Defence Services Examination is conducted twice in a year for admission of dynamic applicants to IMA, INA , AFA ,OTA. Get here complete details of UPSC CDS 2024 such as eligibility norms, process to apply, mode of selection, salary scale details and other
Exams get conducted by Union Public Service Commission. To break Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam is not an easy task and it is one of the tough to crack but with sufficient hard work and proper time management, the task is pretty achievable
Table of Contents
CDS Exam 2024 Highlights
Some major points regarding the CDS 2024 exam process are given below:
|CDS Full Form||Combined Defence Services Exam|
|Name of the Organization||Union Public Services Exam (UPSC)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Frequency||Twice in a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Language||English and Hindi|
CDS I & II 2024 Exam Date:
|Events||CDS 1 2024 Exam Dates||CDS 2 2024 Exam Date|
|Notification Release Date||TBA||TBA|
|Online application form submission date start||TBA||TBA|
|Last date of application form date||TBA||TBA|
|Admit card download date||15 days before the exam||TBA|
|CDS 2024 Exam Date||TBA||TBA|
|Result Date||Update Soon||Update Soon|
|CDS Exam 2024 SSB Date||—||—|
CDS Exam 2024 Vacancy
Total 341 vacancies are announced for all the categories combined. You can check the bifurcation of this year’s vacancies below.
|Name of the Army||No. of Posts|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||22|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai, (SSC Men)||170|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai, (SSC Women)||17|
Written exam of IMA, INA and AFA comprises three sections. CDS Exam Pattern
- Total marks of the test are 300, each paper will be for 2 hours.
- Exam of OTA will comprise two papers. Total marks of the test are 200.
- Each paper will for 2 hours.
- SSB Interview for IMA, INA, AFA is for 300 marks each while for OTA it is 200.
CDS 2024 recruitment: Syllabus
- Syllabus comprises topics from the subjects: English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics.
- Standard of Elementary Mathematics will be of Class 10 level.
- Standard of other subjects will be of the graduation level. Check below CDS syllabus:
|English||English and Grammar.|
|General Knowledge||Economics, Physics, General Awareness, Politics, History, Geography, Sociology, etc.|
|Elementary Mathematics||Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration, Statistics, etc.|
UPSC CDS Recruitment: Exam Pattern
Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy & Air Force Academy:
Officers’ Training Academy:
- There will be negative marking for every wrong answer in the objective type question paper.
- One third (0.33) of marks will be deducted
CDS 2024 Selection process
Selection process includes written exam and SSB Interview.
- On the basis of the marks of the written exam, applicants will be selected for SSB Interview.
- All those who will qualify the SSB Interview are recommended for final selection.
- Applicants will be offered admission based on the marks of written exam, SSB Interview, ranks, medical fitness and vacancies.
Estimate Application Fee
- Students need to pay Rs.200/- through the following modes and Female/
- SC/ ST/ PH category applicants are exempted from payment of fee.
Mode of payment:
- Pay by cash Mode: Deposit through system generated Pay in slip during Part II registration and deposit the money in any Branch of SBI.
- Net Banking Mode: Submit the fee by using net banking facility of SBI.
- Online Mode: Pay the fee by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit card.
Process to Apply for CDS Recruitment
- Applicants can apply Online form the website www.upsconline.nic.in on or before the end date.
- Before applying applicants must scan photo and signature in .jpg format with file not exceeding 40 KB each and not less than 3 KB for Photo and 1 KB for Sign.
- Job hunters should have valid and active Email id.
- Visit the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- On the home page you need to press on the link “Online Application For Various Examinations”.
- Select the appropriate Post and press on to the link of “Click Here (Part -I)”.
- Fill all the mandatory details in the form such as name, gender, etc and click on “Continue”.
- System will generate unique Registration-Id, you can make use of it for further use.
- Make payment as mentioned in application fee and retain the information for entering in Part -II registration.
- Again Relogin and press on “Click Here (Part-II)”.
- Login by entering relevant details such as Registration-Id & Date of Birth.
- Fill all the required details
- Upload scanned photo and signature and press on “Submit” Button.
- After submission of form take print out of finally submitted application and retain it for future use.
CDS Age Limit
The aspirants can check the age limit of CDS 1 2024 exam for various posts in Combined Defence Services from the table below:
|Indian Military Academy||19-24||not earlier than 2nd Jan 1999 and not later than 1st Jan 2004|
|Indian Naval Academy||19-24||not earlier than 2nd Jan 1999 and not later than 1st Jan 2004|
|Indian Air Force Academy||19-24||not earlier than 2nd Jan 1999 and not later than 1st Jan 2004|
|Officers’ Training Academy||19-24||not earlier than 2nd Jan 1998 and not later than 1st Jan 2004|
How to download CDS Admit Card 2024?
The steps to download the admit card of CDS are given below:
- Visit the official website
- Click the admit card link on the home page of UPSC
- Download it either by registration number or roll number
- CDS admit card appears on the screen
- Download the admit card and take its printout
CDS Exam Day Instructions
Few exam day instructions for CDS exam are given below:
- Without an admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall
- Candidates must preserve CDS admit card till completion of the recruitment process
- The entry gate will be closed 10 minutes before the exam
- Electronic devices such as calculators, mobile phones, pages, etc. are not allowed inside the examination hall
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination centre until the completion of the test
Calculating CDS Score
The UPSC calculates the score using the procedure outlined below:
- Candidates will receive one mark for each right answer.
- 1/3 of a point will be deducted as negative marking for each incorrect response.
- If a candidate selects more than one option, it will be considered a wrong response, and negative marks will be assigned.
- On the basis of candidates’ correct and incorrect responses, the total score of the CDS scores will be calculated.
Candidates must be aware that the results of the medical examination have not been taken into account in preparing these lists. According to the official notice issued by UPSC, the marks of the candidates will be available on the website after the declaration of the final result of the Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) for the Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2021. Through this recruitment drive, the Commission will fill a total of 100 seats in the Indian Military Academy and 32 seats in the Air Force Academy.
How to Check CDS Result
Step-1: Go to the official website of UPSC
Step-2: On the home page click on the examination section.
Step-5: Merit list includes only qualified candidates